Sunday, September 28, 2014

Flat Track Knucklehead - Tuning Run Gone Wrong....

Fuck! Where'd it go??????

Wait what's that 100 feet behind me?

There it is....OK now where's the fuckin' sprocket and nut???

Hhhmmm...after a half hour of searching I spot something...in the ditch on the opposite side of the road from where it should have ended up...

There's the fucker...

Never did find the nut...found a spare on a set of flywheels...
Put it all back together and resumed Tuning...

Well my morning started out shitty. I pulled the primary cover off the Flat Tracker to make sure the chain oiler was working and to get a look at the clutch. I fired it up on the stand and began adjusting the carb...the thing wasn't running quit right yesterday. So with the cover off I did a few tuning runs up and down the street...on the last one I shifted into second and nothing...I looked down and my fuckin' primary chain and sprocket were gone!!! I know I tightened the nut the same way I have for 30 plus years! WTF! Not to mention, how the fuck did the chain get off the clutch drum sprocket without ripping up the inner cover...not a scratch! (Except me scratching my fuckin' head).
The chain was laying 100 ft behind me and there was no sign of the nut or motor sprocket! After about a half hour of searching I found the sprocket...I dug up anther motor nut and key and put it all back together (using my air impact this time). Baffled but moving forward...
It took me a while but I finally looked at the up side...it happened on my street not at the track, I had the early primary cover off so it didn't tear things up, it somehow launched without tearing up the inner or my ankle / foot...oh and I was able to put it all back together in about 10 minutes...
Damn this shit is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment